Thursday, January 16, 2014

Little Souls

This little video came along at just the right time for me. In my class we have been working on a project. I explained the instructions. Most of the kids jumped right to it and did the job. There are just a couple who didn't. There are a variety of reasons, which generally just start (and end) with "I don't get it". So I re-explain. They start, but stumble. And so it continues.

 I was starting to feel a little frustrated with a couple of students when I read an article that had a little video attached. You can watch it here. Good timing. It helped those frustrations evaporate and reminded me again that these are all children he with unique and amazing abilities. They don't always fit into the holes I create, and pounding certainly doesn't help. I am reminded that the most important thing I can do is love them and respect them. That is when real learning happens anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment