Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Book Club: Mr. Popper's Penguins

Today was bookclub. Usually when we meet, we first eat lunch and have a discussion with the person sitting beside us about the book. After that, we talk as a large group about what we liked about the book, what we didn't like, what we saw that was similar to other books that we have read, etc. This month we are also reading The One and Only Ivan and so many of the children make connections to that book. We had a fabulous discussion.

I found a cute penguin pic (coincidently on a Gr. 3 teacher's blog) and we used her idea to make a display of what we liked about Mr. Popper's Penguins:

- I like the part where he went to the north pole. (Amber)
- I like how Mr. Popper named the Penguin Captain Cook. I love the penguins because they're cute and Miss B likes penguins and she's a teacher. (Victoria)
- I like the part where the French man on a tight rope got distracted by the penguins and fell, then he  swore them in French. (Brady)
- I like when Mr. Popper got out of jail. It was sad when he got in jail. I like Mr. Popper because he like Antarctica a lot. I loved when the Penguins arrived at his house. (Erin)
- Mr. Popper's Penguins was marvelous. My favorite part was when Capt. Cook and Greta made eight cute babies another good part was when Poppers Performing Penguins made plays. (Olivia)


No comments:

Post a Comment