Friday, February 13, 2015

Crazy Making Things People Say About Reading

Have I mentioned that I'm a bit of a reading fanatic?

I believe my job is to inspire kids to love reading. Sometimes people say things about reading that make me c-r-a-z-y!


Picture link


Someone who was working with a sibling of a child after school. She said, "His brother had nothing to do and he was just reading. I figured he could do something better so I gave him an ipad to practice math facts."

Someone who teaches a group of kids who are super smart and get their work done quickly. She said, "I have to work really hard to come up with more activities for them because if I don't they just sit and read."

One mom told me, "I like to read but I never do because if I do my house falls apart." Um, I've been to your house. Looks to me like you do a fair bit of reading :) (oops....did I say that out loud?)

I was talking with a lady I know who told me her sister is in a book club. She said, "I just don't believe that people can read a book every single month."
I didn't dare tell her I tend to read 1 or 2 a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment